Saturday, September 5, 2009

Special Morning

Drew has really done an amazing job adjusting to having a new baby in the house. He had 5 wonderful years of being the only child and I really expected him to struggle with the new dynamic of having two kids in the house. But he really has been great. This is why back in July, I surprised Drew with a special early morning adventure for just the two of us. Balloons over Bend is an annual event around here that I have always wanted to go to. But in order to really appreciate the beauty of the hot air balloon festival you have to be a very early riser. This year I decided it was worth losing some shut eye if I could get Drew up-close and personal wtih some hot air balloons.

Enjoying the beauty.

I woke Drew up at an ungodly hour and told him we were going to see hot air balloons. He was groggy but he seemed excited once he understood what we were doing. We hopped in the car in our pajamas; made a pit stop at Starbucks and headed out. When we got there it was a little breezy so only one balloon was actually inflated. But it was beautiful and he was able to get as close as he wanted. While it would have been so much more exciting for him to see twenty balloon shovering in the sky; he still had a great time. And I promised we would do it again next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment