Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

Last weekend we finally made it out to the pumpkin patch. Brian's work schedule and Drew's soccer schedule was making it really tough to find the time but we managed to squeeze it in. I find the pumpkin patch phenomenon really funny. Brian and I were both raised here and there was never anything resembling a pumpkin patch when we were kids. A big day picking out pumpkins consisted of going to the grocery store and climbing through the huge pile sitting out front until you found "the one". It was usually something we did after school on the way home one day. No big event or day long excursion. I'm not complaining; I love what a fun tradition this has become. I'm just wondering who finally decided it would be a good idea to grow pumpkins here and then ask people to drive out to your property and pay for the joy of picking one out? How did they know it would be so popular?

Dane staking claim to his perfect pumpkin.
Along with finding pumpkins we also played a rousing game of Barnyard Golf, rode the zoo train and made some new friends at the petting zoo. Every body had a good time even if we all had frozen fingers and toes by the time we headed back to the car.

Drew searched long and hard for this baby.

I was glad we got a family picture taken. We definitely don't have enough of those. I would have like it better if I hadn't tripped over the hay and landed flat on my face right before this was taken. I don't know why Brian even tries to take me out in public anymore!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the family pic. And there was only one piece of straw in your teeth. :-P

    ReplyDelete