Thursday, December 10, 2009

He Ate Poop!

There really is no gentle way to say this so I'll just spit it out. Last night Dane ate cat poop! I can't even begin to describe how disgusting this whole event was. Let's start with Abby, the cat. The evil, diabolical cat who on occasion will do her business somewhere other than the litter box. She has done it on clothes left in a pile, on a pillow or two and most recently on the dogs bed. We were gone for several hours yesterday afternoon. Not long after we got home I walked into the den to see Dane sitting on the floor in front of the dog bed. I looked down and saw the little pile of poop that Abby left for us. Then I looked at Dane and saw the piece he was clutching in his fist. At this moment I let out something between a scream and a groan of disgust. This startled poor Dane so much that he fell backwards and landed flat on his back screaming. Which is when I caught sight of the poop floating around in his mouth!

Thankfully Brian was home to help because I honestly froze for a minute totally unsure of what to do. This was by far the most foul thing either of my kids have done. I did snap out of it and we tackled the job of bathing and disinfecting every inch of his little body. I am actually not a germ freak by any means but I have my limits and cat poop is one of them. Dane is clean and not at all worse for the wear. The cat on the other hand is walking on thin ice. The only thing saving her fuzzy butt right now is the fact that she is Drew's cat and he loves her. Only a truly cruel mother would give away a little boys beloved pet. I have no idea how to prevent further cat poop snacks but hopefully we'll come up with something quick.


I did not take the time to document the chaos last night so this is just a picture of the evil culprit. I've taken to calling her Shitty when Drew isn't around. It's my totally juvenile way of dealing with this whole thing. Do not let her cute face fool you, there is evil in those eyes I swear!

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee. This too shall pass...remember Milly and the "chocolate hershey kisses" in the backyard???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,sorry! Greg ate cat poop, too! And Danika had to take it from his hand to show it to me. That day still stands out as one of my ugliest as a sahm. Hang in there...now you have a great story to tell. Sounds like you might need another margarita night.

    ReplyDelete