Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving In Review

Let's talk Turkey! Yes we made it through another Thanksgiving. The morning was probably my favorite part of the whole day. I got up and made pumpkin waffles and we stayed in our pajamas and watched the parade as long as we could before having to head out. This year we spent the holiday with my in-law's at Brian's mom's house. Overall it was a very nice day. The usual Thanksgiving fair; food, football, family. Unfortunately the boys are the only kids on this side of the family so they can get a little bored and restless. And to make it worse Drew was battling a cold. Brian and I took turns playing soccer in the back yard, crawling up and down the stairs and coloring pictures to keep the charges happy. It worked well for a while but we did not hang around long after dinner.


Pre-meltdown chow time.

I've gotten pretty good at predicting meltdowns and I could tell before the first helpings of sweet potatoes were eaten that we were on our way. So, in order to save the rest of the family from witnessing the carnage we got out of there. We managed to salvage the rest of our day with some more quiet family time at home that evening. I was finding myself very thankful for my boys and our cozy little home. It couldn't have worked out better in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment