Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spreading The Love!

We had another great Valentine's Day this year in the Iverson Home. Valentine's Day has a few rules in our house. No presents, no flowers, no store bought boxes of chocolate. We do a family-wide Valentine exchange and all Valentine's must be hand-made. I'm not a V-day Grinch or anything. I just wanted everyone to put a little more thought and feeling into Love Day. Christmas was not all that long ago so I just don't like the idea of everyone accumulating more stuff so soon after. Instead we work our tushes off making each other great expressions of love. We also made Valentine's for Drew's class, all the grandparents and a few good friends that live far away. I'm proud to say that everyone, even Daddy gets into this tradition.

Homemade cards and marshmallow truffles for the boys.

A small scrapbook I made for Brian; the contents of which I'm keeping secret.


The boys made these for their Daddy. I got the ideas from Family Fun Magazine.
We love Family Fun around here!

Brian and Drew made this picture frame for me. I couldn't have asked for a better Valentine!





1 comment:

  1. Yay! Super sweet valentines and a great tradition. Yes, Ross did make some wonderful bread with the beer goodies. Didn't we bring any by to you? OOps......we had some sitting out to take over and I am afraid to say that we probably broke into it and devoured it ourselves. I will make sure you get some....next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete