Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Elusive "Long-Arm Shot"


Over the years Drew and I have pretty much perfected the classic "long-arm" picture. You know the one where you pose in the picture and take the picture at the same time. It takes a bit of practice to become skilled at holding your arm out as far away as possible and still keeping everyone in the frame. I have dozens and dozens of adorable shots like this of Drew and I.

Now Dane has come along and I have completely lost my long arm skills. I have tried numerous times over the last year to get shots of the three of us while were out doing something fun or playing at home. I have yet to get a shot where you can see all three of our faces. Below is a sample of how the pics turn out. I tried to take these on a beautiful day in October when the boys and I were frolicking in the back-yard. (yes I used the word frolicking)


Great smiles but where did Drew go?


OH! There he is, sort of.


We're getting closer!


Forget it, I'll just take a picture of myself.

This last one really makes me laugh because the boys were both still in my lap. I have seriously lost my camera mo-jo. Oh well I'll keep trying and end up with some pretty funny shots in the meantime.




1 comment:

  1. I don't know....you're a pretty cute Mama. I love those shots - because that is life right now- jumbled, crazy, out-of-focus, kids in our laps...complete chaos...life :-)

    ReplyDelete