Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Story Time!

I always knew that I would want my kids to love reading as much as I do. I've made sure that books are a big part of life in the Iverson household. Lately though; Dane has taken it to a whole new level. He spends a better part of his days with books. Since he has started walking; he has taken to picking up a book and then following me around with it, while grunting cave man style. His little face says "Read to me Mama" and I of course can't resist. So I drop what I'm doing and sit down to read. We do this A LOT. I mean like all day long repeatedly. Just this morning Dane sat in my lap for 45 minutes without moving while I read the same five board books to him over and over and over again.

"I know we just read this but please one more time?"

It's great that he loves his books so much right? I mean it's exactly what I wanted..............to spend all day every day reading Elmo and Clifford and Maisy books ad nauseum. That's every woman's dream isn't it?



See how cute and insistent he is?

Sometimes we get what we wish for. Sometimes we should REALLY think about what we are wishing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment